BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ufta!



Ufta is the only word that I can think of to describe the day! My day started out a little later than usual 635! The entire team packed on the bus and away we went to Daytona Beach! I would say about 100% of the 3.5-hour drive I was passed out drool everywhere leaning on my seat partner Doug. I could not believe that the trip went so fast. Once we arrived I realized that Daytona is quite an interesting city… 100% of the city revolves around racing. We stopped for a nutritional breakfast of champions Burger King, which was directly adjacent to the SPEEDWAY! The only time I had ever watched a car race was when I was accidently watching it when I was hanging out with my dad, before I saw the track I never truly appreciated the large size of the stadium. After a few minutes of gazing at the racetrack, we were shuffled on the bus like cattle and off we went. We arrived at the pool with excitement in the air (at least for me there was). Warm-up was a little out of control, with the three teams in 7 lanes (the 8th lane was only for the daring, who got a little close to the divers) the pool looked like we were all sardines just chilling in one really really small can! The meet was fun I got two best times…, which was needed and was really exciting. We drove a long three hours home to try to make it to an exciting FAU basketball game but despite our best efforts, we of course did not make the end of the game. Overall, it was a jam-packed day full of travels and fun! Ufta!
:)
Big E

0 comments: